The (last ever) round of nonproliferation sanctions levied under the “Iran Nonproliferation Act of 2000”:http://www.state.gov/t/isn/c15234.htm (referred to as INPA, although I still like “INA” more) on “28 July 2006”:http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2006_register&docid=%5BDOCID:fr04au06-119%5D is set to expire this coming Monday for the companies listed below.
*These three kids can play ball:*
* Cuba’s Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
* India’s Balaji Amines
* India’s Prachi Poly Products
Just a note that INA sanctions against India’s Sabero Organics Gujarat Ltd and Sandhya Organics Ltd (“which ACW blogged about back in 2005”:http://www.armscontrolwonk.com/919/indian-firms-sanctioned-for-chemical-sale-to-iran) expired last December.
*These two kids from the DPRK will have to sit it out on the bench for a little (or a lot?) while longer:*
* Korea Pugang Trading Corporation
* Korean Mining and Industrial Development Corporation (KOMID)
Though their INA sanctions expire on Monday too, they are still sanctioned as part of “Executive Order 13382”:http://www.state.gov/t/isn/c22080.htm. The latter “enterprise” is also sanctioned according to provisions of the “AECA/EAA”:http://www.state.gov/t/isn/c15232.htm, the “Iran and Syria Nonproliferation Act or ISNA”:http://www.state.gov/t/isn/c20760.htm, and “Executive Order 12938”:http://www.state.gov/t/isn/c15233.htm.
*And last but not least:*
* Rosoboronexport — though its INA sanctions expire, it has to wait for a clean slate until 28 December, when its “ISNA sanctions”:http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20071800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/E6-22630.htm are set to run out. (Unless, of course, I was wrong “about the S-300”:http://www.totalwonkerr.net/1669/dreaming-of-an-s-300 and Rosoboronexport gets itself into trouble again.)
And if you have nothing better to do this weekend, you should check out the classic RAND treatment of nonproliferation sanctions authored by Richard Speier, “available here”:http://www.rand.org/pubs/monograph_reports/MR1285/.