Let us review some of the Bush administration’s efforts at nuclear diplomacy:
* Iran: Don’t talk to Iran in 2003 when you have the chance. Wait until its uranium enrichment program is further along and _then_ try and get it to stop.
* North Korea: Don’t take North Korea up on its offer to negotiate about U.S. concerns over its enrichment program in October 2002. Get serious about negotiating _after_ the Norks test a weapon.
* Iraq: Ignore both the UNSC and UN inspectors. Find out Iraq has no WMD _after_ you invade.
* India: “Give away the store”:http://svaradarajan.blogspot.com/2007/07/123-fulfils-prime-ministers-assurances.html and wreck the NPT.
To be fair, I’ll add
* Libya: Get a chance to do something right and don’t eff it up.
Here’s some live Carcass from 1992: